06 April 2011

New year, new range visit

I've been watching the weather forecasts for awhile, looking for the first decent Sunday to take little Miss Tacticute to the range. (She's been asking when she can go again.)

I was looking forward to it myself because this would be the first time I had been shooting since getting new optics. And by that, I mean getting LASIK. My vision is now 20/15, and I can tell.

So we packed up with high hopes: M-14, M-4gery, AR-15/22, P14-45 and a brand new S&W M&P 45c. Also taken were a new shooting sled for me to do sight-ins, a spotting scope and HD camcorder.

Unfortunately, I hadn't checked the range schedule, and the main range was entirely populated with High Precision shooters. That left only the .22 range and the pistol range available. Oh, well.

So, without further ado, Miss Tacticute rocking the pink AR-15!



Here were her results at 50 yards:



She was mostly shooting to the left, and as we went on with her shooting, I think it's because she's closing her right eye and sighting with her left.

After we ran out of .22LR, we went over to the pistol range. All we had were .45s so Miss Tacticute stayed in the car with my iPhone streaming German heavy metal to her through Pandora. I figure she can't pick up any bad words from Rammstein and Eisbrecher, at least, none that I or anyone she knows would recognize. My father-in-law and I shot the .45s until we had enough of that. The M&P 45c isn't bad, but its trigger can't compare to a single action 1911.

No comments: